The California Center for Cooperative Development is a mission-driven non-profit dedicated to promoting cooperative businesses. We are seeking a Full Charge Bookkeeper to join our team in a full-time position working, with safety precautions, from CCCD’s office in Davis, CA.
About CCCD: We are a 501c3 non-profit that provides public education, and development, technical assistance, and training to cooperative organizing groups and existing cooperatives, including agriculture, retail grocery, housing, childcare, worker, and other cooperative sectors. We help people to work together to meet their mutual needs through democratically controlled cooperatives.
Job Description: The position will support CCCD by managing all accounts payable and receivable, reconciliations, budgeting, payroll, maintaining chart of accounts consistent with grant and non-profit requirements, coordinating annual 990 with CPA/tax preparer, audit work, and preparing and assuring processing of state requirements for new employees. The position also requires preparing organizational budgets and reports for the non-profit board of directors, supporting the creation of grant budgets, and preparing financial reports associated with those grants.
The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience with non-profit bookkeeping, appreciate working with a team, align with CCCD’s mission, enjoy working with diverse groups of people, and be flexible and open to a growing organization.
• Proficient in QuickBooks Online and Excel (including functions and formulas)
• At least 5 years experience with:
- accounts payable and receivable and reconciliations
- Payroll, as well as state and federal reporting requirements
• At least 3 years experience with:
- non-profit bookkeeping, including grant budgeting and management
- working with non-profit tax preparation and audits
- financial budgeting and forecasting
• Strong communication skills and a collaborative spirit
• Self-motivated, highly organized team player
• Being genuinely interested in growing professionally and personally, and supporting the same in others
• Experience with federal and state grants preferred
• Eligible to work in the U.S.A.
• Background check required
Position: Full time, exempt.
Compensation: $41,000 to 62,500 depending on experience. Paid vacation, sick leave, health plan & retirement benefits.
Application Requirements: Submit no later than April 12; position open until filled. Applicants must submit 1) CCCD application; 2) Resume, and 3) Brief cover letter by email to CCCD at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Full Charge Bookkeeper Position”). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
CCCD application available at:
Detailed position description available at:
INQUIRIES BY EMAIL ONLY: email@example.com
California Center for Cooperative Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer